Sunday, May 11, 2008

In Memory of Grandma Caldwell


For the forth straight year we have participated in the race for the cure. We do it in memory of our Grandma Caldwell who lost her battle against breast cancer a little over 27 years ago. I was only 5 years old when she died and I wish I got to know her better. Although I didn't know her well, I know that she was a great person just looking at my mom. She must have been extraordinary to raise such an amazing mom like my mom! Grandma Caldwell, you are truly missed!





I encourage everyone who missed this race and a chance to raise money to find a cure to come and join us next year. Not only is it a lot of fun, it also humbles you to see how many people of all ages are battling this horrible disease! I am truly thankful for my life and my health!



This is the whole gang! We had the biggest group so far this year. I hope it will continue to grow. I love how many of my family and Jeff's family were able to participate this year! Thanks for coming everybody and making it a great experience. I am so proud of all of you! Kim, I expect you to join us next year! We missed you tons!



One hot mama finishing the race! She doesn't even look like she broke a sweat! Way to go mom!



My mom and her sister Shannon. Good job ladies!

4 comments:

kristy clark said...

I love the pictures. This is a great tradition I love doing with you guys. Thanks again for doing all the paperwork and everything else you do that I don't know about that makes it posable for use to do it all together. Love, Mom

Weston said...

Way fun - I'm glad I did it again and will do it again next year. maybe next time I will be more in shape!

ishybeanie said...

way to go guys

Bellblogging said...

Way to go! What an awesome time you got...have you been training???