So, this year we kept it simple! I am so glad we did. Christmas morning was so fun. The kids only had a few presents to open and they were not overwhelmed at all. I remember last year, not that we did a lot then either, but after about 4 presents Ethan just wanted to play with his presents and was annoyed that we were making open up more! So this year I think that we made a great choice. We only spent about $15-$20 dollars per kid and then gave them some other gifts that we had in the basement that we had gotten for free or close to it at another time. They loved their presents and enjoyed playing with each one as they opened them. The only thing that Ethan was upset about was that he didn't get his DS. Oooops! I keep telling him that he has a B-day coming up and maybe if he is a good boy he will get something fun! I don't know if we are ready for the hole game playing world of boys.
Christmas morning snowman pancakes. Everyone was excited to look at them but not so excited to eat them. Jeff ended up eating all three while I had to make circle pancakes for the kids!
2 comments:
Wow you guys did very well for 15-20 bucks! I should have done that for Brandon - he's way too spoiled and he too gets bored half-way through opening his presents :-)
Looks like you had a great Christmas! I love that you kept it simple. It seems to go so much better when it is done that way. Good luck with the whole DS battle! My dad got one for Cole about a year ago and if I let him, he would play it ALL day every day! He doesn't like the limits I put on him :)
Post a Comment