Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's a......................................

GIRL
We actually found out a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had time to blog about it yet! Shocking eh? We are so excited to have another girl! Both Ethan and Mylie are so happy and give her lots of kisses and hugs! I have now started to feel her move around a lot which is very comforting after our Oregon experience and the latest experience that I will talk about now. Right after we got home from Oregon I decided that I wanted to go into my regular doctor to do another ultrasound just to make sure everthing was okay. This was only three days after the previous ultrasound so we really thought everything was okay. The doctor went to listen for the heartbeat while we were waiting for the ultrasound room to become available. He couldn't find it! He listened for a long time and nothing. He then said, "well this isn't good, I should be able to find the heartbeat easily at this point," and then he said things like, "where is your husband, can we call him and have him come in for the ultrasound?" also, "when did you miscarry last time," "15 weeks" I said. "Oh so you are about the same far along this time, I am so sorry" Then he left me alone in the room for about 15 minutes waiting for the ultrasound to confirm the inevitable. Well...........he finally starts the ultrasound, I am already crying, and then there she is! Moving around, measuring normal, and heart beating perfectly! The doctor says, "Well, I was wrong, everything looks great! Sorry about the scare!" Words cannot express the feelings I felt! I left still crying but very relieved and happy!

9 comments:

Tyney Family said...

Once again, I love all of the updates. And Congrats! It's a girl!! YEAH!!! Sorry about the scare that's no fun at all, I'm glad everything is ok.

Veronica said...

Oh AMY!! That is terrible that you had to go through another scare! Ugh. But I'm so glad everything is fine. You will love having two little girls back to back like that. I've had a ton of fun with it. Matching Easter dresses and the whole bit!

Cassie said...

Congrats on the girl! I am excited for you guys!

Heather Jones said...

Congrats on the little girl that is great! I am soo soory you had a scare that would have been awful. I am glad it is all good though!

The Beckstrands said...

Wow! had no idea you had such a scare twice, I heard about oregan, but not the one here. I'm so glad that everything is great and you can now feel her, what a comfort.
Thanks for all the little things you do for YW's.

Amy said...

Jeeze. I am glad everything is okay. How scary. I would have been freaking as well! Congrats on having another girl. I am excited for you! When the weather is good again, if that ever happens, we will have to meet at a park or something and catch up with each other's lives!

Love all the other posts as well. Your kids are so cute. And I can't believe you didn't play ONE movie on your 24 hour trip!!! My kids can't even drive 10 mins without a movie!

ishybeanie said...

Kali is so happy for the newest addition to our family, I looked in the Kauai newspaper birth announcements to get some cool names and I think they were harder to pronounce than NC names.

Mandi said...

How scary!!!!!! That is aweful that you went through that scare for a minute. Even if it turned out fabulous it still made me wana cry just reading that. I am so THRILLED for you guys and I can't wait to see you, hopefully before the arrival. I wish you guys all the best and I hope all continues to go well. SO EXCITING!

The Nortons said...

Congratulations on the girl! That is so exciting! Wow, what a scare though! I am so glad that all is well!