Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On the road again! (Spring Break 2011 Arizona)


We decided to spend spring break this year visiting some of our long lost family members in the great state of AZ. We were also hoping to head for a warmer climate in order to give us a sneak peak for summer. Visiting was great! The weather............not so much!


On our way we decided to visit the famous Antelope Canyon! So beautiful! Thanks for the idea mom!



To get there we got to ride in the back of a truck on benches! I think the kids liked this part the best!



Arie even walked a lot of the way!


Ethan loved that he could touch both sides!



All of us. Mylie insisted on being in the baby carrier! I know..........very odd looking!







Arie insisted on taking off her shoes and walking barefoot in the soft sand!





Back on the truck!



We finally made it to Snowflake! What a welcome!



The kids loved meeting Claire (the guinea pig) for the first time!


Ethan has never been around animals much and when he is he stays clear due to his asthma. It was fun to see him holding her and loving it! He didn't seem to have issues with it at all! This does not mean we will be getting one now or ever! I am not much of a rodent person.


E and Mandi were buddies most of the time. They watched a lot of movies together just like this!


Jeff looked like this most of the time in snowflake! :) Thanks for having a project ready for us! Jeff and Chris replaced the kitchen floor while Jeannie and I removed all the cabinet handles, painted them, and then put them back on! It really was fun! Thanks guys for the good times!


We did go to the park one day when the weather was somewhat cooperating. When we were done with the park, due to severe irritability from both my girls we headed to instacare. Arie had a double ear infection and possible pink eye and Mylie also had an ear infection. So sad!
Sorry Frazier's of snowflake we did not mean to bring all that sickness with us to your house!


Cassie and Mandi are always such good helpers! Thanks girls! You're the best!


We had a great time at the park!


Ethan, king of the mushroom




Jeff, Ethan and Chris took a couple hours to enjoy a well needed break and went golfing! Ethan loved being with the big boys and even got to drive the golf cart!


Chris was nice enough to let us take a ride on his dirt bike! So fun!


Mylie went for a ride too!



And of course Ethan went too! Then off to Gilbert we go to visit the Roarks!


This was one of the favorite hangouts at the Roarks! The dog house!


Arie even loved it. Even when both dogs joined her!


This picture doesn't do it justice but I loved all the gigantic cactus everywhere!



We hiked up to a hole in the rock. Kevin was nice enough to stay with sleeping Arie at the car. Thanks Kevo!

Me and Mim!



Mylie posing beautifully!


Frazier's minus Arzaboo!


Mim and My!

Jeff and E, of course, had to go as high as they could. We joined them shortly after.......Mylie didn't think that was fair :)


Best buddies!


We also hiked up to a pyrimid that houses the body of the first mayor of the city (if I remember correctly). It also overlooks the city zoo! Ethan is showing us the overlook to the zoo.


Mim and Kevo! Thanks for being such great hosts! We had a great time!

Two of my cuties. In the background you can see the hole in the rock hike we did!


Of course we had to get a family picture by a huge cactus!


Swimming was a little chilly but fun none the less! Mim and I didn't join in on the fun though......it was freezing..........and we are wimpy!


I love where the Roarkies live! This is a cute pond with lot's of ducks and fish to feed!




Playing at the park!



Kaden and Mylie having a moment :)



We even got to go fishing at the pond!


Arie had to join the Mylie/Kaden moment! So cute!



Ethan and Jeffy fishing!


Thanks Kade for always being so sweet to my kiddos!


Mylie kind of loved touching the fish! Yuck! She has always loved touching gross things like this! If I was forced to touch it I would probably have a nervous breakdown!


My cute little fisherman!


Mim and Arz!


Mylie loves riding skateboards! I'm glad this is all she usually tries to do!



Cute girl!


Arie loved the dogs Rylie and Charlie! She would get a little freaked out when they would follow her, but she also kind of liked it!



The girls had to pretend they were dogs. Food and water on the floor!



Building forts! Thanks Kali! The kids love playing with you!


While we were packing the car the kids created chalk surf boards! Here is Arie pretending to surf!


And here are all the other surfers! My E and Kal!

5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I love snowflake. I have family down there too! Strange I wonder if we are related? EVeryone is related down there :) what a fun little town.

What a fun spring break.

ishybeanie said...

thanks for letting me relive our visit with you, good times. it was the Governor by the way

Bellblogging said...

YEAH! When do you have time to blog? Looks like a fun vacation. I wanted to see an after picture of the kitchen! What a fun family!

Draper's said...

Looks like a super fun spring break!! Such cute kids!!

Tyney Family said...

What a fun spring break! I love your hiking pictures. They are so pretty. It looks like Kimmy lives in a fun place. Maybe we should all go visit her to get away from this awful weather. I miss you, I have not seen you in forever. We need to get together and let the kiddo's play....if this weather will ever go away!