Thursday, February 19, 2009

Egg Retrieval (the best part of IVF!)

Hello all! I have no picture to show of this part. I really should have brought my camera so that you all could see what an egg making machine I am. The Doctors said that most people produce about 13-15 eggs per cycle. I, on the other hand was ready for egg retrieval 2 days before schedule and produced a whopping 21 eggs! I was so proud of all my hard work. I had 20 with Ethan and 18 with Mylie so this was the best yet. This was the good news! The bad news is that this retrieval sadly was more like Ethan's retrieval which was painful. I don't want to scare anybody out there that may be going through this part of IVF in the future. Most people feel no pain at all as the drugs work as they are suppose too. Oh well, I am glad that it is over with! Now we just wait to see how our little embryos grow in the next 48 hours. We have 21 of them growing in a lab at the U and they will call us on Friday to tell us how many fertilized and how good all of them look. If they all look good should I transfer them all in so that I can make the news too? :)Embryo transfer is scheduled for either Saturday or Monday depending on how they are doing. I hope it's good news! Thanks for all your support! You all are wonderful friends and family and I couldn't ask for anything better at this moment!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I am so sad that it hurt!!! I was excited for you to get the drugs, why don't they work for you??? And 21 eggs? Superwoman!!! Ya, I think you should put 9 eggs in and one up that crazy lady!

Really I am glad you had so many eggs and I am hoping for 2 A+ eggs (if not more) for twins!!! Schedule me in for a meal on Monday or Tuesday! Honestly, let me know which day works for you!

Jylaire said...

I'm so glad that part is over for you! I had no idea that my good friend was carrying so many quality eggs! You've got to be proud! Keep me posted! I'm planning dinner on Tuesday!

Weston said...

Sorry it hurt so bad A - no fun at all. I swear you have some natural ability to ignore pain meds. Really you should avoid things that requires pain. :-)

Glad it went well. We are so excited for the next Frazier addition! :-)

Joey and Nettifer said...

1. that sucks that it hurt! I am so sorry!
2. love that you are writing all this down. It fasinates me
3. love how open you ar eabout it!
4. you rock & I love ya!
5. good luck with the new one on the way - growing right now. So exciting!
6. way to go on making so many eggs :)
7. go with twins or triplets
8. have I talked to much?

Nikki said...

Sorry you weren't pain free! I hope everything else works out. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

ishybeanie said...

i wish i could be there to help you.

nathan and ann said...

Amy, You are amazing. I knew this was hard, but reading about it has been amazing. I can't even imagine how you do it. Sorry it was so bad again. Hope the rest goes better and that we hear great news about twins soon.
Best of luck.
Clark Fam

Bellblogging said...

Does not sound fun at all! OUCH! Way to go on 21 thats awesome! Good luck with it all!