Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Decision

Well after lots of thinking, talking, planning, debating, friendly fighting and opinions from outsiders we have finally decided to do in-vitro again! I know that anybody I talked to during my last pregnancy will remember me saying that I would NEVER EVER do in-vitro again but I think that the magic of my forgetful memory is allowing me to think that it was not that bad. I have now decided to do it again and not only do it but also keep track of what goes on during the process. Therefore, if it doesn't work or works for a while like last time ending horribly I won't have to rely on my memory if it comes down to decision time again. I'm 99% positive this will be the last attempt to bring more children into our lives. Yes, I said children. Jeff wants two more and on numerous accounts I have said if we are meant to have 4 kids the next two better come together. I absolutely hate in-vitro and don't love being pregnant. So this is it! After a much needed break in the form of a fantastic vacation to Cancun we are now ready. (posting for Cancun will be later) Thank you so much mom and dad for watching the kids! Words cannot express how grateful we are for your EVERYTHING you do for us! We returned home from Cancun on Sunday the 25th of January and started lupron shots that night. Welcome home and back to reality! The in-vitro process starts first with being forced to go on birth control pill. I hate birth control pills. I always gain 5 lbs and get really moody. (ask Jeff, he too would say he hates this part too :) Ever since the 25th I have been taking birth contol pills and Lupron shots sub Q in my belly every night. We celebrated on saturday night the 31st of January when I took my last birth control pill! We seriously went out to dinner. Jeff was very happy. Now just Lupron shots every night until Mylie's b-day the 16th of Feb where I will get to do 3 Sub Q shots in my belly every night! Side effects so far are nausea, extreme temperature issues and lack of desire to do anything! Fun stuff I tell ya!

11 comments:

ishybeanie said...

good luck with everything, good thing you are a strong person. Love you thanks for working so hard on getting me another niece and/or nephew, you are the best.

Amy said...

OH. OH. OH. Memories came flooding back to my mind. I really feel for you. I remember going on visits for Vista Care and I would have to leave in the middle of seeing a patient and go give myself a shot in the car. Yuck. I am sorry, really I am. I really admire you for doing the whole thing again. Really. You are amazing. Let me know when you do the best rest thing and I will bring you guys dinner! I will be thinking a lot about you over the next couple weeks!

And I am glad you went on a little Vacay without the kids. Sounds dreamy!

Oh, and here is to twins!

Veronica said...

YEA!!!! We are going to keep you in our prayers every day at least until we know you're out of the woods. Y'all are such great people and more babies need to come your way!!!

Jylaire said...

It's amazing what we forget, and how quickly we forget it! Good luck in the upcoming months!

The Nortons said...

Good luck Amy! I have to agree that you are such a strong person! We will be praying for you and hoping for the best. I guess that all the shots are worth it when you look at your two amazing, beautiful children. Hang in there and I am glad you are done with the pills :)

PS Chris and Chels are getting married on May 7

The Beckstrands said...

yeah, i'm so excited for you guys. Sorry that you have to go through the rough process first, but your a trooper and can do it. Best wishes my prayers are with you.

Weston said...

If you didn't make such amazingly cute kids I'd say don't do it again - but since you offered :-) I'm happy you guys made a decision that makes you happy. I of course wish you guys the best and can't wait for our new family member to come!

Love, Weston

Heather Jones said...

Good luck you guys I really hope it works and goes well for you. You guys deserve it for sure.So fun to get away before you have to be pregnant right. Good luck

Tyney Family said...

WOW!! I am so impressed with you Amy. You are one of the strongest people I know. Your such a good Mom, I know this is the right decision for you guys and how amazing would twins be!!! Good luck with everything!

Julianna said...

Hey Amy, we will be thinking about you guys and praying for your success.

Draper's said...

You are amazing!!! I am so grateful for your friendship!