Friday, February 13, 2009

Sick of being Sick!


We are so sick of being sick in our house. We are especially sick of STREP THROAT! I wish it didn't exist! Jeff has had strep once, Mylie and I have had it twice, and poor Ethan has had it a whopping 4 times since Thanksgiving! Every time we have spent hours and hours stripping all the beds including comforters to wash in hot water and disinfecting every surface and door handle possible in the house. We have also thrown away all of our toothbrushes and toothpaste each time! On our last visit to insta care which seems to be the place we always have to go due to weekend illnesses the doctor said that we are probably being exposed to this from Ethan's preschool and that there may be someone there who is just a carrier of strep that can't be treated. Come to find out Ethan's teacher knows of a kid in the class that is a carrier of strep! YUCK! I think because of Ethan's slightly lower immune system, due to his asthma, he catches everything that flies his way. So now we are trying to decide what to do. I hate to pull him out of preschool because he loves it and has lots of fun things coming up including his special Birthday spotlight and field trips! I believe we are going to try to stay in and wash him profusely everyday after preschool in hopes that we can stay in another month. If it gets it again though we are out of there!

1 comment:

ishybeanie said...

i hope this strep bug goes away soon