Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Embryo Update!!!


Well, I am on day 3 of bed rest and so far so good! I've been meaning to do an update on the embryo situation for 3 days now and haven't so here goes! On Friday the 20th the Embryologist called and told us that 16 of the 21 eggs fertilized and 12 of them were dividing quite nicely! We were very excited. He then said to come in on Monday morning for the transfer! Monday morning we were handed this beautiful picture of the two prettiest Embryos and given the latest update. Now out of the 12 that were dividing nicely there were only 8 that were looking good. Although all 8 looked excellent. We were still very excited! So this is a picture of the two best embyos that they transfered into me that day. Aren't they cute? Anyway, they said that they were the best quality embyros we have ever produced on any of our IVF cycles! We were very excited! They asked if we wanted to transfer in one or two. We both responded quickly with two although they seemed a little supprised and told us again what good quality they were. They also told us that we have a 60% chance of getting pregnant and a 50% chance of having twins. We also have a 5% chance of having triplets and less than a 1% chance of having quads! In the end I know we are crazy but we would love to have twins and in realily if we are suppose to have 4 kids they better come together and right now because I am about done with this wonderful phase of life! Thanks again for all your phone calls, child care, food and emotional support. We love you all and couldn't do it without you! By the way, we ended up with only 3 Embryos left to freeze which is good for two more frozen cycles if needed!

11 comments:

Bellblogging said...

I'm hoping for TWINS!!!! Good luck!

Veronica said...

Amy, I am so happy for you I could cry! I know twins would be a lot of work, but what a blessing!!! We are praying for you :)

ishybeanie said...

Kaden already thought of a name for your baby Briley. cute but way to close to mylie. I can't wait to see my newest niece/nephew or both.

The Nortons said...

We wish you the best of luck and are keeping our fingers crossed for twins :) Please let me know if you need anything!

Heather Jones said...

Yea, it is so fun to read all this, I will be waiting for the update. I am so glad things look and went so well. Twins would be great for you guys. Good luck!!

Weston said...

I think the one on the left looks like you.:-)

I'm hoping for triplets because ya know what that means? :-)

Maybe if this ends up being twins I could buy a frozen one off ya? :-)

My emoticon is getting tired of smiling :-\

Joey and Nettifer said...

Love reading your blog! I love that you have pictures of your perfect kids already! That is amazing. I am so going for twins or quads - would that be cool!? Sure I will buy you some diapers :) Love it! Hang in there!

melynda said...

you are not crazy, i would love to have multiples! good luck.

Miles and Bex said...

I wish I could be there to entertain you and wax my legs. I would also make you a rice crispy treat with a suprise in it! We are so excited for you.

Amy said...

Oh, those ARE 2 of the cutest embryos I have ever seen! I am very excited for you and have been thinking about ya over the past week. I am hoping it all goes so smoothly and you end up with 2! Twins are a lot of work, but a lot of fun too!

Mandi said...

I can't wait to hear the news! I talk to Jill about you often and you are always in my thoughts. Be strong......... You are an amazing woman and I love ya! You better post as soon as you know.. hehe! HUGS!